FINANCIAL CONTROLLER – MANUFACTURER (INDONESIA)
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client, a European manufacturing company is looking for potential candidates to be placed as Financial Controller with details as follows:
- Position: Financial Controller
- Division: Finance
- Location: Indonesia
- Industry: Manufacturer
The person in this role is accountable for the delivery of financial accounting, reporting, and control activities related to the financial statements of all legal entities in the Country across all relevant Business Units and functions (including sales offices). This person is also responsible for adherence of group accounting policies and control processes and ensuring support and guidance for the smooth completion of all deliverables of the SSC team.
This role is the Single Point of Contact for the Finance Management in relation to financial accounting, reporting, and compliance; the key partner for the internal & external audit teams, the contact for regulatory authorities and treasury activities in relation to Finance within all legal entities in the Country and the driver through the implementation of relevant finance system and process improvements coming from Group or Global Process Owners (GPOs).
The holder is the local representative of GBS and the GPOs and as such, needs to monitor the performance of the SSC team and the contribution and inputs of the local stakeholders (BU Finance team, functional teams, and operations) to secure the accurate and compliant delivery of financial accounting and financial statements in a timely and consistent manner.
- Country Financials
- Ensure the accuracy of the financial information of all legal entities in the Country covering profit & loss, balance sheet items, cash management, cash flow, overhead & Corporate expenses, and other statutory or Group requirements, including budget and forecast information in relation to items below EBIT and Balance sheet items other than Capital Employed. The ultimate ownership of EBIT and OCF (EBITDA, WC, Capex will continue to remain as the BU responsibility).
- Ensure on-time delivery of information (including the uploads into consolidation tool) to all stakeholders e.g. Corporate, Group, BU (Business Finance), local management, statutory bodies, banks, local insurance.
- Sign-off the reporting (actuals, forecast, budget) and the accuracy and completeness of the Balance Sheet account justifications for each legal entity in the Country.
- Take ownership to support the implementation of the agreed GBS roadmap for the designated country to progressively migrate the transactional activities into the agreed SSC platform,
- Participate when need in local reviews of all country/area-based projects to support the BU in ensuring financials are accurately reported.
- Coordinate Finance related activities for external audits within the country/region in close collaboration with the Group Internal Audit and Risk Management team,
- Coordinate Finance related activities for internal audits within the country/region,
- Participate actively to tax compliance within the country/region including enquiries and audits from tax authorities, in close collaboration with the Group Tax Team,
- Ensure adherence within the country/region of all Company accounting policies & directives (Corporate GAAP), local GAAP working closely with local BU representatives,
- Ensure an adequate control environment exists to fully meet the local statutory acts as well as Corporate/Group requirements in relation to financial activities,
- Support periodic analytical review of BU legal entities (working with Group Finance) to ensure subsidiary ownership and comfort with numbers.
- Participate when needed in local reviews of all country-based activities to support the business in ensuring financials accurately reflect all known risks and opportunities.
- Stakeholder Management
- Identify key stakeholders,
- Ensure the communication channels and related governance framework between Business Unit and GBS/SSC are clearly understood and followed by all parties,
- Ensure the Finance Service Level Agreement (SLA) deliverables are defined and understood by Key Stakeholders and participate in pre-defined forum to discuss performance & issues with all parties,
- Ensure strong liaison between the GBS/SSC, Business and Operational Finance, and non-finance business community to ensure accounting and reporting issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Process Excellence
- Support the SSC team to ensure all process deliverables are met on time and consistently in coordination with other finance functional areas e.g. BUs and Centers of Expertise (Tax, Treasury, Credit Management)
- Follow the KPI and metrics defined by the End-to-Ends GPOs and define actions with SSC to improve the performance and reach the targets,
- Validate and drive the local implementation of system changes or new system implementations (SAP, automation) that affect the financial accounting in the country/region, in compliance with Corporate Guidelines and in coordination with other finance areas, GPOs, and other functions such as IT, Procurement, Sales and HR,
- Validate and drive the local implementation of process standardization and improvements actions in relation to financial accounting in compliance with Corporate Guidelines and in coordination with other finance areas, GPOs, and other functions such as IT, Procurement, Sales, and HR
- Drive a continuous improvement culture as part of the Finance Controller community in the execution of the financial accounting in conjunction with Group Finance and the GBS team
- When applicable, manage local financial accounting teams in the country/region ensuring recruitment, performance management, training, retention, and backup resources,
- Provide expertise relating to finance projects such as M&A with integration support e.g. apply group accounting policies to new acquisitions in BU, absorb team and standardize financial accounting and reporting practices,
- Participate at Legal entity statutory boards when required (depending on size and relevance of the appointment on a governance standpoint).
- Internal: Head of Financial Services, Finance Controller community, VP GBS, VP Group Finance, Group Finance, and FP&A teams, Country-level BU Management, GBS and SSC teams, Centers of Expertise (Tax/Treasury/GRC), Internal Audit and Risk Management, Business Stakeholders & Site Operational Management,
- External: Local Regulatory authorities including Tax, External auditors, local banks
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CPA, CIMA) with up-to-date knowledge of accounting standards (IFRS, relevant/local GAAP),
- 10 years post qualification experience, with a strong understanding of finance process, risks management and controls,
- Good knowledge of local tax and tax accounting processes and requirements,
- Experience in identifying key financial risks, general ledger accounting, balance sheet controls
- Strong process excellence, continuous improvement, and customer service mindset,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interaction with senior members of the BU leadership team, COE, GBS, and Group teams and auditors,
- Ability to work well with deadlines and effectively handle multiple and concurrent demands,
- Experience within SAP environment and automation & digitalization would be a definite advantage
- Fluent in English and preferably local language.
HOW TO APPLY?
Directly drop your updated CV / Resume to our consultant.
- Consultant Name: Shanti Rahardjo
- Consultant Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank You and Good Luck!
People gateway for solutions.